In celebration of IW's Grand Finale year, Nelita True
has inspired the best ever set of offerings from her powerhouse faculty:
- A 20-fingered IW Musical Travelogue with Jean Barr and Friends
- Helping the High School Student Develop Collaborative Skills
- Sweet Dreams and Nightmares: The Life of a Collaborative Pianist. From dyspeptic divas
to truculent trombonists, the collaborative pianist has seen it all. In this amusing
and instructive presentation, Jean Barr refliects on what it takes to create art out
of the collaborative process.
- Chamber Music and Accompanying
- Lecture-Recital: Brahms' Seven Fantasies, Op. 116
- Haydn's Early Keyboard Sonatas
- Determining Interpretation: The Analytical Approach
- Determining Interpretation: Following Nature's Clues
- What's New? We check out recent jazz publications
- Jazzy Women: An Overview of the Contributions Women Have Made to Jazz Piano
- Try a la mode: Using Modes to Teach Expression
- Improv Class
- Bach's Well Tempered Clavier
- Harpsichord Master Class
- Make the Art of Your Work a Work of Art. A mini-retreat for studio teachers.
Session is directed to revisiting and refreshing how we view our own artistry, and
how we nourish and develop the skills and talent we possess in the midst of
busy schedules and teaching loads!
- Over the Bar Line and Through the Notes. A session designed to address specific
ways to illuminate and promote thoughtful and efficient practicing. This discussion
includes ideas for students of all levels.
- How to Practice as Little as Possible (and Get BIG Results. For the 21st century piano
student who has too much stuff and too little time.
- Expressive Etudes. Musical techniques that celebrate the small victories of a
systematic etude program.
- Lines and Illusions: A mix of early English charms and "Variations Brillantes," Chopin Op. 12
- Schümann and His Inner Voices, to include Phantasiestücke Op. 12
- Master Class
- What to Do in Those Very First Lessons
- Improvisation Shouldn't Require Prozac
- Theory is the Key; The Music is the Answer
- The Rehearsal/Lesson and the U.S. National Standards for Music Education
- Fernando will share his wisdom in a panel discussion, and in informal
- How Can I Get a Gold Star?
- Building a Technique Routine
- The Dances of Schubert
- Master Classes
Participant Showcases, Participant Recitals, and the
IW Chorus provide opportunity to appear as presenter and performer at the Grand
Finale International Workshops. The International Festival of
Concerts promises a memorable capstone to your workshop experience.
Offerings for All
- Opening Ceremony in Landhaus Square
- Governor's Welcome at the Burg
- International Festival of Concerts
- Participant Soloist and Chamber Music Recitals
- Faculty & Participant Art Exhibitions
- Mayor's Auf Wiedersehen Party
- ...and additional Grand Finale surprises still in the planning!
Come, join Nelita and friends this summer in Graz!
Text-Only Navigation Links